Searching...
Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kendrick Lamar Crowns Himself 'King Of New York' On Big Sean's 'Control'

Big Sean couldn't get this one cleared for his upcoming album Hall of Fame, but he was kind enough to gift us with it anyway. The 7 and a half-minute track (with a beat courtesy of NO I.D.) includes features from Jay Electronica and  Kendrick Lamar...who snapped and sent shockwaves across the Internet with his verse--least we forget why he was crownedMTV News' "Hottest MC" of 2012.
Competition is a part of the game, but how often do you get to hear it put into rhyme like this?
Kendrick Lamar goes for the throat, calling out his boys by name--no hard feelings though. "I'm usually amarhomeboys with the same n----s i'm rhymin wit/But this is hip hop and them n----s should know what time it is/And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale, Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller/I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n----s/Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n----s."
Oh, and not to mention that crowning himself "the king of New York" is sure to make a few more rappers take notice. ("I'm Machiavelli's offspring, I'm the king of New York/King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both)."
They heard you Kendrick Lamar.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!